I found some beautiful Xmas fabrics at Darn Cheap Fabrics in Heidelberg last week, but managed to control myself and only bought two, but also bought some batting which I needed. I ended up not using one of the fabrics, but that's okay - there will be a use for it some time in the future.
So here we are at 11.30 pm on Sunday night - I was determined to finish this tonight as I'm seeing some friends tomorrow who always ask me what I've been sewing.
As with so many of my projects, I started out with a design from a magazine, but it got changed along the way. The original design was a table runner, of which the centre looked much like mine, but that's where I started changing it. The original had four different fabric squares with the stitcheries, but I couldn't make up my mind which four to use, so I ended up using one of my new fabrics. Then as I was about to add the green border (which has gold starry stuff on it that you can't really pick out on this photo), I found a project in another magazine where they had put a thin gold border inbetween the main bit and the border, and I decided it would look good on mine! The binding is green and gold stars, which is the same design as the red fabric.
So I guess it could be a wall hanging or a table centre. Whatever the recipient wants it to be!