Thursday 29 December 2016

Last Minute Finishes & Secret Gifts

One of my favorite finishes this year was this wall quilt I made for our niece. She has a beach themed bedroom and appreciates hand embroidery. 

I pieced these blocks in 2015 for a crazy quilting round robin. Beginning in the upper-left corner, the blocks were embellished by: Kathy S., Sandra T., Renee Y., Barbara Nicki Lee S., Mary B., and Sandy B. (If interested, you may see more photos on my blog here.)

On Friday night, I created these two zipper pouches and put gift certificates inside them (one for a PaintNite event and one for a movie theater.) Both recipients seemed pleased with their gifts. 

I also mailed out this little tissue-pack cover made with upcycled denim. The snowman pictured below was embroidered on the back.
Narelle, thank you so much for opening the workshop for us all this year. Without the extra motivation, I would not have had as many handmade gifts to give away.  Thank you!


1 comment:

Narelle said...

Beautiful gifts Renee.
The little zipper pouches are a great way to gift a voucher.
Hapy New Year πŸΎπŸŽ‰