Tuesday 30 January 2018

Snowman Mug Rug


This month, I finished this mug rug that I hoped to finish last year. The "Snowman" is a digital stamp from The Paper Shelter. 

I read that the black ink in most inkjet printers is permanent (though the color ink may not be, depending on the printer.) So, I printed this digital stamp onto a sheet of fabric, colored it with crayons and heat set the color following the guidelines found in a couple of tutorials on-line. Snowflakes and the words were hand embroidered. 

I plan to wash this one before adding it to the gift box, just to make sure the printer ink is colorfast. I hope so, as a similar mug rug is planned for next month. I will let you know then.

-Renee

2 comments:

Narelle said...

Cute and very clever 🌸

Renee said...

Thank you, Narelle!